Moo Shoo Pork
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 lb (375 g) lean ground pork
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 jar (175 mL) VH® Garlic Hoisin Stir-Fry Sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 8 leaves butter lettuce, washed and dried thoroughly
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in a large wok or skillet set over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Pour remaining oil in wok; add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in cabbage and shiitake mushrooms. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cabbage is wilted and mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Garlic Hoisin Stir-Fry Sauce, VH® Soya Sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Return pork to wok. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve in lettuce leaves spread with remaining hoisin. Garnish with green onions and coriander leaves.