Mango Curry Chicken Quesadillas
- PAM® Original Cooking Spray
- 3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced green peppers
- 3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced onions
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced cooked chicken
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Mango Chicken plus more for spreading
- 2 1/2 cups (600 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 each large flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the cumin, fresh cilantro, and VH® Mango Chicken Sauce. Set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with PAM® Original Cooking Spray and heat over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until soft and light golden brown, about 7 minutes. Remove the onions and keep warm.
- Add the green peppers to the pan and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove the peppers from the pan and keep warm.
- Put the chicken and sauce in the pan and cook; stirring until done, about 10 minutes.
- Spread approximately 1 tsp of VH® Mango Chicken Sauce on a tortilla. Warm one tortilla in a non-stick skillet and sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, 1/4 cup green pepper, 1/4 cup onion over the entire tortilla. Scatter 1/2 cup of chicken over one half of the tortilla. Once the cheese is melted, fold one half of the quesadilla over the chicken. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Repeat with the rest of the 5 tortillas.
Beans, rice, and sour cream are all great accompaniments!
Great as an appetizer, snack or served with a side salad for a main dish
A crowd pleasing favourite, with an Indian twist!