Korean Pork and Apple Burgers
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) ground pork
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated apple, plus 12 thin slices for garnishing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain bread crumbs
- 1 bottle (355 mL) VH® Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- Mix together pork, grated apple, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the VH® Korean BBQ Sauce, egg and VH® Soya Sauce until well combined. Form into 6 equal patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spray grill with PAM® Grilling Spray and heat to medium. Place burgers on grill, close lid and cook for 2 minutes, rotate burgers 90°, cover and cook for 2 more minutes. Flip burgers and begin basting with 1/2 cup (125 mL) sauce. Cover and cook for 2 minutes, rotate burgers, cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Move burgers to indirect heat (lower flame) and baste well with remaining sauce. Continue to cook and baste until burgers are cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Garnish burgers with sliced apples and VH® Sweet & Sour Mayo (see below).
To make VH® Sweet & Sour Mayo stir together 1/4 cup VH® Sweet & Sour Cooking Sauce with 1/4 cup mayonnaise.