Indian Vegetable Pakoras
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 potato, shredded
- 1/2 onion, very finely sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded fresh spinach leaves
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) egg, beaten (or Egg Beaters® Original)
- 1 fresh chili, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Mango Curry Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) (approximately) canola or vegetable oil
- Mix carrot, potato, onion, fresh spinach, all-purpose flour and peas together in a large bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in egg.
- Form 3 tbsp of mixture into a 3 inch diameter patty. Place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large, heavy non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook vegetable patties in batches until golden brown, adding more oil if necessary, about 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel. Serve immediately.
Serve with VH® Mango Curry Dipping Sauce as an appetizer, or with salad for a light meal.
For easier handling, refrigerate the patties for 1 hour prior to frying.
Try using any of your favourite vegetables for a personalized version.
1/4 tsp dried chili flakes can be substituted for fresh chilis.
Everyone will enjoy these vegetable packed Indian patties.