Indian Tomato Soup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced celery
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced carrots
- 1 can (796 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion, celery and carrots and stir-fry until soft; about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their liquid, VH® Butter Chicken Sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Puree the soup in a blender. Serve hot.
Try garnishing the soup with whole wheat croutons and sliced green onions.
Add diced cooked chicken after pureeing, or sprinkle with shredded cheese to add some extra excitement!
Aromatic, creamy and delicious. Our version will become your favourite tomato soup.