Honey Garlic Surf n Turf Kebabs
- 1 lb (500 g) grilling steak (rib eye, sirloin) cut into 32 large chunks
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 lb (500 g) jumbo shrimp (about 16), peeled and deveined
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- Place steak chunks in large shallow dish. Pour all but 1/3 cup (75 mL) of VH® Honey Garlic Sauce over steak, turning so that meat is well coated. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour or for up to 4 hours. Remove from the fridge and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade. Thread steak, shrimp, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and onions onto 8 metal skewers.
- Spray grill with PAM® Grilling; heat to medium-high heat. Grill skewers, basting occasionally with remaining VH® Honey Garlic Sauce turning once, until meat is medium-rare and shrimp are opaque, about 12 minutes. Make sure to keep grill covered when not basting.
For the perfect al fresco side salad, combine a mixture of cooked brown and wild rice. Garnish with chopped fresh chives and present on either exotic greens or multi coloured kale.