Honey Garlic Spare Ribs
- 1 carrot cut in cubes
- 1 celery stock cut in small cubes
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup (125 mL) salt
- ¼ cup (65 mL) VH® Honey & Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (10 mL) Sambal Oelek or Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ketchup
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- Place spare ribs in an oven cooking saucepan with all the vegetables and salt. Fill with water and cover with an aluminum foil paper. Preheat oven at 300° F or place into a crock-pot and cook for 5 hours.
- In a small saucepan, mix the VH® Honey & Garlic Sauce, the Sambal Oelek or Tabasco, brown sugar, white wine vinegar, ketchup and 3 chopped garlic cloves and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Pour the mixture in a blender and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Brush mixture onto hot spare ribs and let cool in the refrigerator before cooking. Preheat grill, brush sauce over spare ribs and cook for 7-10 minutes until well caramelized. Serve with steamed rice and roasted vegetables.
For a spicy version, add your favorites spices
Add to any stir-fry
Chicken, beef and vegetables
Brown rice, mashed potatoes
Brush onto beef or wild game meat
Served with spicy meat balls