Honey Garlic Pulled Pork
- 3 1/2 lb (1.75 kg) pork shoulder or butt roast, trimmed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Honey Garlic Sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 1 bag (397 g) prepared coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) prepared coleslaw dressing
- 6 buns, toasted
- Season pork all over with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook pork for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Pour VH® Honey Garlic Sauce over top; cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours. Transfer pork to cutting board; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch with 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold water until smooth. Whisk into slow cooker; cook on HIGH for 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Shred pork using two forks, discarding any tough or fatty bits. Toss pork with 1 cup (250 mL) sauce. Return to slow cooker set on LOW to keep warm for serving.
- Meanwhile, toss coleslaw with dressing. Serve half of the pulled pork in buns with some coleslaw. Serve remaining coleslaw on the side.
- Refrigerate remaining pulled pork in airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Add leftover pulled pork to pastas, soups, tacos and pizzas.