Honey-Flavoured Roast Beef
- 2.2 lbs. (1 kg) sirloin beef roast
- 1 tbsp (15mL) freshly ground balck pepper
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Honey Garlic Cooking Sauce
- 3 cups (750 mL) beef stock
- 4 medium carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 8 new potatoes cut in half
- 1 medium turnip, cut in 3/4" slices or cubes
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 380°F (190°C).
- Rub the roast with pepper.
- Heat oil over medium in a large, heavy bottom pot. Brown the roast well on all sides. Remove roast & set aside.
- Add flour to pot and stir 1 minute, add the VH® Honey Garlic Cooking Sauce to pot and mix well.
- Place roast on top of sauce in pan. Pour beef stock over roast and cook in the oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Baste meat with stock during cooking.
- After 20 minutes, arrange vegetables around the roast, continue cooking approx. 20-30 minutes longer. Internal temperature should read 150°F (65°C) for medium doneness.
- When finished cooking cover and let rest 10 minutes before slicing across the grain to serve.
Everyone’s Sunday favourite.