Hearty Beef Skillet Supper
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- PAM® Original Cooking Spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) ketchup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Medium Garlic Rib Sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen small mixed vegetables
- Microwave potato slices in covered microwaveable container 8 minutes or until tender.
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Generously coat large skillet or electric frying pan with PAM® Cooking Spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef with onion about 5 minutes or until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir together ketchup, rib sauce, and Worcestershire in small bowl. Stir mushrooms, mixed vegetables and sauce into beef mixture. Cook over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until heated through. Add potatoes; toss until well coated.
Substitute 1 lb (500 g) ground beef for the sirloin and 3 cups (750 mL) frozen hash brown potatoes for the red-skinned potatoes (microwaved until heated through).
Quick ‘kid-friendly’ family dinner in a tasty sauce.