Halibut in Yellow Curry Broth
- 4 filets of halibut (each about 6 oz/170 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 cups (1 L) finely diced zucchini
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) VH® Coconut Yellow Curry
- In a large pot heat oil over medium heat and stir-fry zucchini until tender, about 7 minutes. Add water and VH® Coconut Yellow Curry Sauce; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add fish, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Place cooked fish in bowls. To the pot add peas, spinach and basil and cook for 3 minutes until spinach has wilted. Ladle broth and vegetables between bowls of fish.
Substitute your favourite fish for halibut, firmer types work best such as cod, salmon or tilapia.
Shrimp, scallops or chicken are also great options.
This dish is quick and easy enough for a family midweek dinner, yet elegant and tasty enough to serve as part of a dinner party menu.