Grilled Shrimp and Watermelon Summer Salad
- 1 lb (500 g) jumbo shrimp (about 16), peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed watermelon
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) large croutons
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled Feta cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- Place shrimp in large shallow dish. Pour 1/2 cup (125 mL) of VH®Sweet Thai Chili Sauce over shrimp, turning so that all shrimp are well coated. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Reserving sauce from dish, thread shrimp onto 4 skewers.
- Spray grill with PAM®Grilling; heat to medium-high heat. Grill skewers, basting with reserved sauce during first 5 minutes only, until shrimp are opaque, approx. 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large serving bowl, lightly toss together watermelon, croutons, tomatoes, basil and Feta cheese.
- In separate small bowl, whisk together remaining VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper.
- Remove shrimp from skewers. Arrange on top of salad. Drizzle about 3 tbsp of vinaigrette over salad, tossing gently. Serve with remaining vinaigrette on the side.
If using wooden skewers, submerge completely in water and let soak for 30 minutes before using to prevent charring.