Grilled Salmon & Pineapple Salad
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless salmon filet, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into batons
- ½ cup (125 mL) VH® Pineapple Cooking Sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime juice
- ¼ cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cored
- ½ cup (125 mL) julienned red radishes
- fresh mint
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper; place on a piece of aluminum foil. Transfer salmon to grill. Cook until opaque throughout, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from grill; keep warm.
- Season pineapple with salt Grill for 3 minutes. Flip pineapple and cook for another 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together VH® Pineapple Cooking Sauce, olive oil and lime juice Add cooked pineapple; toss until well coated.
- Slice avocado; add to bowl along with radish, tossing gently.
- Plate salmon and pineapple salad. Garnish with torn mint and pepper.
For added flavour try sprinkling ½ cup (125 mL) unsweetened coconut, toasted over the entire dish.