Grilled Chicken with Plum Sauce
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) VH® Plum Dipping Sauce
- fresh juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chopped tarran or oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb/500 g total)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable or olive oil
- Mix together VH® Plum Dipping Sauce, fresh orange juice and zest, onion, black pepper and fresh terran or oregano in a bowl and add chicken.
- Marinate for approximately 2 hours.
- Reserving marinade, remove chicken from marinade, shake off excess marinade and brush with oil.
- Cook on grill over medium heat; turning once, 12 to 15 minutes. Baste with marinade while grilling.
- Serve with your choice of salad.
This recipe captures the sweet flavour of plum sauce and orange.