Glazed Fish with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 lb (500 g) trimmed asparagus
- salt and pepper as needed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) white fish such as cod, tilapia or & haddock, cut into 4 portions
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) VH® Pad Thai Sauce
- Place asparagus and cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet. Toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on middle rack of oven and broil on high for 3 minutes. Shake pan and continue to broil for 5 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400°F (205°C). Place fish in 8-inch (2 L) glass baking dish and cover with VH® Pad Thai Sauce. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily. During the last five minutes place asparagus and tomatoes back in oven to heat through.
For full flavour, pour sauce from the baking dish over fish before serving.
Other types of fish work great in this recipe, as well as chicken.
Serve alongside steamed new potatoes or a fresh green salad.
A light and quick dinner for those hectic weekdays, and elegant enough for company on the weekend.