Ginger Orange Supreme with Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 4 x 5 oz. (150 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red or green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 10 button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Sweet & Sour Stir-Fry Sauce
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add fresh ginger and garlic; cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken to skillet; stir-fry for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add vegetables. Stir-fry for 5-8 minutes.
- Add VH® Sweet & Sour Stir-Fry Sauce; cook, stirring well, until heated through.
- Serve hot over steamed rice.
A touch of fresh ginger gives the chicken a fresh flavour.