General Tao Chicken
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 pouch (160 mL) VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) steamed white rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and red pepper; cook, over medium heat, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce and 1/4 cup (60 mL) water to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; return chicken to skillet.
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over steamed white rice. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
Add broccoli florets with sauce, if desired.
Sprinkle with finely grated orange zest.
Brush on grilled corn on the cob.
Stir into sautéed mushrooms.
Slather on a pork shoulder and slow roast.