General Tao Chicken Fajitas
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 oz (250 g) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 each red and green pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pouch (160 mL) VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce
- 4 corn tortillas (7 inch/18 cm), warmed
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in skillet set over medium-high heat; sauté chicken, peppers and onion for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is browned and vegetables are softened.
- Stir in VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce; cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is heated through.
- Spoon filling into warmed tortillas; top with avocado and chopped cilantro.
- You can substitute flour tortillas for corn tortillas.
- This recipe is also great made with beef instead of chicken.