Garlicky Grilled Chicken Burritos
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 1 cup (250 mL) VH® Medium Garlic Rib Cooking Sauce
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 16 warm corn tortillas
Pickled Red Onions:
- ½ cup (125 mL) white or cider vinegar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
Green Cilantro Rice:
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked Minute Rice® Premium Instant Long Grain White Rice, hot
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- Spray grill with cooking spray; preheat grill to medium-high.
- Grill chicken, brushing often with ½ cup (125 mL) of VH® Medium Garlic Rib Cooking Sauce, and turning once, for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Remove from grill; let cool and slice thinly.
- Pickled Red Onions: Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine vinegar, 1 cup (250 mL) water, sugar and salt; bring to boil over medium heat. Add onions; reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes. Let stand until onions are cool; drain.
- Green Cilantro Rice: Toss together cooked Minute Rice® Premium Instant Long Grain White Rice, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Arrange rice, chicken, avocados and pickled onions in centre of each tortilla. Fold in sides and roll up to enclose filling. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
Tip: For an even bigger garlicky boost, use VH® Strong Garlic Rib Cooking Sauce