Garlic Sausage and Broccoli Linguine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) hot Italian sausage, cut into 1" (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 white onion, slivered
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Garlic Rib Sauce (mild, medium or strong)
- 1/2 lb (275 g) linguine pasta
- In a large pot heat oil and brown sausage for 10 minutes.
- Add Hunt’s® Tomato Paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add red pepper, onion and broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile begin to cook pasta in a boiling pot of well-salted water.
- Add VH® Garlic Rib Sauce to the sausage and vegetable mixture and continue to cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Drain the pasta well and add into pot with sauce, stir well for 2 minutes to allow the pasta to soak up some of the sauce. Serve.
Choose mild, medium or strong VH® Garlic Rib sauce depending on your love of garlic!