Garlic Flank Steak Salad
- 1 flank steak (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Mild Garlic Rib Cooking Sauce
- 6 cups (1.5 L) whole baby Romaine leaves
- 6 small roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola oil
- Place steak in 8-inch baking dish. Pour VH® Mild Garlic Rib Cooking Sauce over, turning to coat steak well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 8 hours.
- Dressing: In bowl, whisk together garlic, vinegar, mustard, honey and VH® Soya Sauce. Slowly whisk in oil. Set aside.
- Transfer steak to foil-lined baking sheet; discard sauce. Broil steak for 10 minutes, turning once. Let stand for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain into thin slices.
- Divide lettuce among 4 plates. Top with tomato quarters and sliced onion. Drizzle dressing over. Top with 3 to 4 steak slices. Garnish with coarse ground black pepper
Flank steak is extremely lean so it needs to be cooked quickly, max. 10 minutes, and only to medium rare.