Garlic Chicken Sesame Slaw
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) + 1/4 cup (50 mL) VH® Mild Garlic Rib Sauce
- 4 cups (1 L) shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken breasts
- 6 cups (1.5 L) finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups (500 mL) snow peas, strings removed and sliced on the diagonal 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups (500 mL) match-stick cut carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) lime juice
- Fresh oregano, for garnish
- Preheat a grill to high heat. Marinate mushrooms in 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Mild Garlic Rib Sauce for 5 minutes. Lightly oil and season chicken and grill till fully cooked, flipping once; approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
- Lightly season mushrooms with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes per side or until softened and dark grill marks appear. Once chicken is cool enough to handle, slice into 1 inch thick pieces and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Toss sliced chicken with 1/4 cup (50 mL) of VH® Mild Garlic Rib Sauce. Slice mushrooms into 1/4 inch thick strips. Place in a mixing bowl with chicken, cabbage, snow peas and carrots.
- Drizzle sesame oil and lime juice over slaw. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss slaw and garnish with oregano leaves.