Fried Rice–Style Quinoa
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 lb (250 g) ground chicken
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) VH® Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) VH® Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet or wok set over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft curds start to form. Transfer to plate.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towel. Heat remaining oil set over medium-high heat; cook chicken and carrot, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Add quinoa, VH® Teriyaki Sauce and VH® Soy Sauce; cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until quinoa is heated through. Stir in peas, scrambled eggs and half of the green onions; cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until peas are heated through. Garnish with remaining green onions.
- Substitute frozen corn, beans or carrots for peas.
- Substitute ground pork, beef or turkey for chicken.