Flank Steak with Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) VH® Honey Garlic Cooking Sauce
- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) flank steak or 4 servings, each 1/3 lb. (150 g)
- Slice the garlic bulb in half horizontally.
- Place halves on a sheet of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil & seal.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 50 minutes or until cloves are tender.
- In a small saucepan cook the tomato paste for 1 minute. Add the VH® Sauces and reduce into a thick sauce. Season with pepper and add the roasted garlic, mashing it in.
- Baste the beef with the sauce & cook over a hot grill. The flank steak is served preferably rare, cooked for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or medium, cooked for about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Slice meat thinly across the grain and serve with reheated sauce.
VH® Honey Garlic Sauce combined with roasted garlic delivers the ultimate garlic flavoured steak.