Dry-Rub Barbecued Chicken Wings
- 1 tsp (5 mL) kosher salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dry mustard
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each pepper and cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cumin
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) split chicken wings
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sliced green onions
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) each VH® Dipping Sauces: Sweet Thai Chili, Plum, Sweet & Sour
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked Minute Rice® Jasmine rice, hot
- Mix together salt, garlic powder, paprika, dry mustard, pepper, cayenne and cumin; sprinkle over chicken wings. Toss to coat well.
- Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spray grill with cooking spray; preheat grill to medium. Grill wings for 6 to 7 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer wings to serving platter and sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve with Minute Rice® Jasmine rice and VH® Sweet Thai Chili, Plum and Sweet & Sour dipping sauces.
Tip: Replace cayenne pepper with 1 tsp (5 mL) Buffalo-style hot sauce if desired.