Curry and Coconut Milk Soup
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated carrot
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced red pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut milk
- 1 bottle (341 mL) VH® Yellow Curry Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large pot set over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and pepper to oil and stir-fry until tender; about 10 minutes.
- Add stock, coconut milk and VH® Yellow Curry Sauce; simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, green onions and cilantro; cook, stirring about 1 minute and serve.
Too spicy? For a milder version, add more stock or a little less VH® Yellow Curry Sauce
A version of the classic Thai soup that is easy to prepare and simply delicious.