Curried Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Apples
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 8-10 chicken thighs, bone-in and with skin
- 1 cup (250 mL) VH® Coconut Yellow Curry
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken thighs skin side down in oil and brown well, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and brown the other side, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon off any excess oil. Add VH® Coconut Yellow Curry and 1/4 cup (60 mL) water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove lid and simmer sauce to thicken if needed.
- While chicken is cooking, heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir-fry apples for 3 minutes; add brown sugar and vinegar. Continue to cook apples until softened and lden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce and topped with apples and cilantro.
This recipe also works great with chicken breasts, just cook 10 minutes longer.
Serve with steamed rice and your family’s favourite vegetable.
This delicious combo of mild curried chicken and apples will surely please the whole family.