Curried Chicken Meatballs
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) ground chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 bottle (341 mL) VH® Coconut Yellow Curry
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, breadcrumbs, green onions, egg and salt until well combined. With wet hands form mixture into meatballs.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Fry meatballs in batches until lden on all sides, about 15 minutes (they do not need to be completely cooked at this point).
- Add VH® Coconut Yellow Curry and water to pan, cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove lid, if sauce is too thin remove meatballs and boil sauce for a few minutes until thickened.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
If desired substitute chicken meatballs with your own favourite meatball recipe, or to make preparation simpler use store-bought frozen ones.
A quick dish sure to become a family favourite, the exotic flavours of the curry are the perfect enhancer to the chicken.