Crispy Sesame Dumplings with Plum Sauce
- 12 Asian-style frozen dumplings (cooked according to package directions for pot stickers)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) VH® Plum Sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 small green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook dumplings for about 2 minutes or until starting to brown. With lid ready, add 1/3 cup (75 mL) water and cover immediately. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until dumplings are heated through and bottoms are crispy.
- Arrange on serving platter with VH® Plum Sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
- Dumplings are also labelled pot stickers; follow package directions as they may vary. They can also be steamed or baked.
- For a large crowd, cook dumplings in batches.