Crispy Korean Vegetarian Bibimbap
- 14 oz (400 g) extra-firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cubed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 1 jar (355 mL) VH® Korean BBQ Stir-Fry Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) steamed white rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) bean sprouts
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrots
- 4 eggs, fried sunny-side up
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame seeds
- Toss tofu with cornstarch until well coated. Heat oil in wok or large skillet set over medium-high heat; stir-fry tofu for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate.
- Remove all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil from pan; return tofu to pan. Pour in VH® Korean BBQ Stir-Fry Sauce. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is boiling and glazes tofu.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls. Top with bean sprouts, cucumbers, carrots, tofu, and fried eggs. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
Add steamed or sautéed spinach to bowls if desired.
Serve with kimchi for a spicy addition.
If preferred, substitute a poached egg for the fried egg.