Crispy Chicken Lollies
- 1 lb (500 g) ground chicken
- 1/3 cup (125 mL) grated onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) VH® Regular Soya or VH® Reduced Sodium Soya Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Plum Dipping Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) puffed rice
- Preheat a wide frying pan to medium heat.
- Combine the ground chicken, onion, VH® Soya Sauce and cilantro. Mix well and form 16 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls.
- Place the oil in the frying pan then add the meatballs and brown them on all sides until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the cooked meatballs and place them in a bowl with VH® Plum Sauce, toss to coat.
- Add puffed rice to a separate bowl. Skewer each meatball and dip into puffed rice to coat. Serve warm.
The global phenomenon of meat on a stick has inspired me to create this perfect little appetizer for your next get together.