Cornflake-Crusted Chicken Strips
- 1 lb (500 g) chicken tenders
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (500 mL) crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) VH® Plum Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat with flour; shaking off any excess. Dip in beaten eggs; dredge in crushed cornflakes. Arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Spray tops with cooking spray; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with VH® Plum Sauce.
- Substitute regular or panko bread crumbs for crushed cornflakes.
- Substitute chicken breasts cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) strips for chicken tenders.
- Serve with veggie sticks, such as carrot, celery, red pepper and cucumber.