Classic Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 oz (250 g) top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups (1 L) broccoli florets
- 1 pouch (250 g) microwavable instant brown rice
- 1 pouch (160 mL) VH® Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 thinly sliced red chili pepper (optional)
- Heat oil in deep skillet or wok set over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef for about 2 minutes or until browned but still pink inside. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, stir-fry onion and broccoli for 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions.
- Return beef to skillet along with VH® Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce; heat through and spoon over cooked rice. Top with sliced chili pepper (if using).
- Serve over whole wheat noodles instead of rice.
- Use precut beef stir-fry strips for even quicker preparation.