- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each finely minced fresh ginger and garlic
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 2 cups (500 mL) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce
- Heat oil in a large deep sided skillet set over medium-high heat. Add ground beef; cook, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove to a bowl; set aside. Drain off any excess oil from pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, onion, celery and red pepper to pan. Stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Meanwhile in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain well.
- Add the macaroni, cooked beef, VH® Soy Sauce and VH® Teriyaki sauce to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and meat and vegetables are well coated with the sauce.
This meal is simplicity itself. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand. You can easily substitute bok choy, Napa Cabbage, green onions, spinach, orange or green peppers for the listed vegetables. Top with bean sprouts if desired.