Chicken with Honey Garlic Roasted Root Vegetables
- 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1/2 lb (250 g) Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) VH® Honey Garlic Sauce, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 skin-on bone-in chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Toss together carrots, sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, 1/3 cup (75 mL) VH® Honey Garlic Sauce, 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and coat with remaining oil; arrange on top of vegetables.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve with remaining VH® Honey Garlic Sauce.
oil, thyme and rosemary. Transfer to 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish.
- Substitute turnips, potatoes and parsnips for any of the vegetables.
- If chicken is cooked before vegetables are tender, remove and keep warm while vegetables continue to cook.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or chives if desired.
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts if desired. Add to vegetables in the last 15 minutes of cooking.