Chicken with Garlic Sauce
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 jar (170 mL) VH® Medium Garlic Marinade
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced red pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) drained canned water chestnuts
- 2 cups (500 mL) steamed brown rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced green onion
- Toss chicken with VH® Medium Garlic Cooking Sauce in a medium bowl. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet set over medium-high heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from bowl; reserve excess sauce. Add chicken to wok and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add red pepper and water chestnuts; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until peppers are softened. Add remaining sauce; bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes. Serve over steamed brown rice and sprinkle with green onion.
For a spicy version, stir-fry with Szechuan chili peppers.
Double the recipe for leftovers.
Add to any stir-fry.
Brush on grilled salmon or veggie kebabs.
Toss with sautéed veggies.