Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small red onion, cut into half moon slices
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 cups (500 mL) steamed Basmati rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until lightly browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion; cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add potatoes, 1/2 cup (125 mL) water and VH® Chicken Tikka Masala Sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; return chicken to saucepan.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sauce has thickened. Serve over steamed basmati rice and sprinkle with coriander.