Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 cups (500 mL) steamed basmati rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until lightly browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion; cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add potatoes, 1/2 cup (125 mL) water and VH® Chicken Tikka Masala; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; return chicken to saucepan.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sauce has thickened. Serve over steamed basmati rice and sprinkle with cilantro.
For an earthy flavour, add mushrooms.
Use to make beef, lamb or shrimp curry.
Whisk into creamed veggie soups.
Stir into mashed potatoes.