Chicken Stuffed with Broccoli and Cheese
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain goat cheese (cream cheese can also be used)
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 bottle VH® Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Place 1 chicken breast between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap. Using flat side of a meat tenderizer or rolling pin, gently pound breast to a thickness of 1/2 cm (1/4 inch), taking care not to tear the chicken. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Place broccoli in a small glass and add just enough water to cover the florets, microwave for 4 minutes. Drain and chop finely. Stir warm broccoli into goat cheese until well combined.
- Place 1/4 of the cheese mixture at the base of one piece of chicken.Carefully roll the meat over the cheese, tucking in the sides to enclose the cheese. Use 2-3 toothpicks to secure. Repeat with remaining 3 breasts.
- In a largeskillet heat oil over medium-high, brown chicken on both sides, about 7 minutes. Add VH® Sweet & Sour Sauce along with 1/4 cup (60 mL) water to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Slice chicken and serve with sauce poured over top.