Chicken Skewers with Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) ground chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce (plus extra for pitas)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- pita bread, shredded lettuce, diced tomato and slivered onion for garnishing
- Pre-heat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Mix together the chicken, cilantro, VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, bread crumbs, egg and VH® Soya Sauce until well combined.
- With wet hands form 8 equal portions onto skewers and form into a sausage-like shape, covering the pointed end of skewer.
- Roast skewers on a foil lined baking sheet in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with additional chili sauce for dipping or serve in warmed pita bread garnished with shredded lettuce, diced tomato and slivered onion.
This recipe can also be made with ground beef, and also try it with VH® Pad Thai Sauce.
The skewers also taste great cooked on the barbecue.
Slide these skewers into a pita for a fun and interesting sandwich.