Chicken Pad Thai
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bean sprouts
- 4 oz (125g) rice noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 pouch (160 mL) VH® Pad Thai Stir-Fry sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped cilantro
- 2 lemon wedges
- Heat oil in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Add chicken to wok. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, bean sprouts and half the green onions to wok. Cook, over medium heat, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add noodles, breaking them apart with a spatula. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated though. Stir in VH® Pad Thai Stir-Fry sauce and return chicken to skillet. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with remaining green onions and cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges.
Sprinkle with roasted chopped peanuts, if desired.
Substitute shrimp for the chicken.
Brush on grilled salmon.
Serve with crab or lobster.
Stir into lo mein.