Cherry Fruited Rice
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) Uncle Ben’s® Bistro Express® Wholegrain Brown Rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped celery
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely minced shallots
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped garlic
- 1/8 tsp ( 0.5 mL) ground cumin, ground
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cherries
- 1 cup (250 mL) VH® Cherry Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted salted cashews
- Prepare Uncle Ben’s® Bistro Express® Wholegrain Brown Rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat; when hot add oil, celery and shallots. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until shallots have softened. Add garlic, cumin and cherries; cook for another 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add VH® Cherry Dipping Sauce, cashews and rice; combine. Serve warm.
This is a great vegetarian option! Tofu can easily be added for a unique variation.
Don’t have dried cherries? Try dried cranberries instead.
How to toast cashews: Heat skillet over medium heat; add cashews and toast 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside for use in recipe.
A pantry staple dish! A vegetarian friendly, festive rice dish seasoned with cumin and VH® Cherry Dipping Sauce.