Cedar Planked Salmon
- 4 x 6 oz (175 g) salmon filet, skinless and boneless
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Garlic Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely sliced green onions
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- Submerge cedar plank in water for at least 6 hours, or full day if possible.
- Toss salmon to coat in VH® Garlic Hoisin sauce and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium. Spray cedar plank with PAM® and place salmon on plank. Drizzle marinade over top of salmon.
- Place plank on coolest part of grill, close lid and cook salmon to desired doneness, or until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with onions and serve.
Resist the urge to open the lid often as the heat which is cooking the salmon will escape and it will take longer to cook. Also, if cedar planks are not too badly charred they can be washed and used a second time.