Butter Chicken Chickpeas with Rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pouch (160 mL) VH® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce
- 1 pouch (250 g) microwavable instant Basmati rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in deep skillet set over medium-high heat; sauté chickpeas, carrots and onion for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are starting to soften.
- Stir in VH® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Spoon chickpeas and sauce over rice; sprinkle with cilantro.