Braised Lamb Shanks with Spinach
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 lamb shanks (about 3 lb/1.5 kg total)
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer Accents® Petit Cut Tomatoes with Garlic and Olive Oil
- 1 jar (355 mL) VH® Sweet & Spicy Szechwan
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large Dutch oven heat oil over medium, then brown lamb shanks on all sides, about 15 minutes total. Browning creates more flavour.
- Add Aylmer Accents® Petit Cut Tomatoes with Garlic and Olive Oil, VH® Sweet & Spicy Szechwan Sauce and 1 cup (250 mL) water. Bring to a boil, cover and place in oven for 2 ½ – 3 hrs, or until very tender. (If desired, reduce fat by skimming excess oil from top of sauce once finished.)
- Add spinach and stir until wilted, about 1 minute.
Serve with rice, mashed or roasted potatoes.