Braised Chicken Thighs with Chinese Broccoli
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 8-9 chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in
- 3 cups (750 mL) finely sliced brown mushrooms
- 1 jar (355 mL) VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 lb (500 g) Chinese broccoli
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides, about 8 minutes total. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to pan and cook over high heat until lightly browned about 4 minutes. Place chicken in pan with VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce and 1 cup (250 mL) water; cover and simmer over low heat until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water cook broccoli until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain broccoli and serve alongside chicken once it is ready. Serve with steamed baby carrots.