Beef with Broccoli
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/2 jar (170 mL) VH® Strong Garlic Marinade
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 cups (750 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sliced green onion
- In a medium bowl, toss flank steak with VH® Strong Garlic Marinade.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet set over medium-high heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove flank steak from bowl; reserving excess sauce. Add flank steak to wok and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until beef is starting to brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add broccoli and 1/3 cup (75 mL) water; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until broccoli is tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in reserved sauce; bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Add meat; simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until ﬂank steak is cooked to desired doneness. Serve over steamed white rice and sprinkle with green onion.
Substitute green beans for the broccoli.
Double the recipe for leftovers.
Stir into stews.
Brush on grilled eggplant.
Stir into Cream of Potato Soup.