Bacon Wrapped Pork with Bok Choy
- 1 lb (500 g) pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 cups (2 L) baby bok choy, sliced in half lengthwise and washed
- 1 bottle VH® Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Slice tenderloin into 2 pieces. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; brown pork, about 7 minutes.
- Layer 4 bacon slices side by side on a cutting board, allow edges to only slightly overlap. Place one piece of pork across the bottom ends of the bacon strips, roll the bacon around the tenderloin and place the wrapped pork seam side down in a baking dish. Repeat with second piece and remaining bacon.
- Place baking dish in oven and cook until bacon is browned and pork is cooked through, about 30 minutes. (pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F (70°C).
- Pour out leftover oil from skillet, add baby bok choy and 2 tbsp (30 mL) water, cover and cook on medium heat for 8 minutes, add bottle of VH® Sweet & Sour Sauce and heat through, lower heat to simmer and keep warm.
- When pork is ready slice and serve with bok choy, spooning some of sauce from skillet over meat.