Asian Salmon Fall Salad
VH® All-Purpose Dressing:
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) canola oil
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) rice vinegar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) VH® Reduced Sodium Soya Sauce
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Maple syrup
- ½ Butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes
- 675 g (1½ lb) salmon fillet, skinless
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 L (12 cups) baby spinach
- 250 ml (1 cup) red cabbage, very finely sliced
- 125 ml (½ cup) VH all-purpose dressing, divided
- Place all VH® dressing ingredients in a tightly sealed glass container. Shake vigorously.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Place squash cubes on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, add generous amount of pepper and a pinch of salt. Mix and bake on the middle rack for 25 minutes, mixing halfway through the cooking time. Set aside.
- Place salmon in a large re-sealable bag, add lemon zest and ¼ cup of VH dressing. Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once marinated, pat down salmon with a paper towel and place it on the same baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Place all salad ingredients, except for salmon and squash, into a large salad bowl. Season with prepared VH® all-purpose dressing and mix well. Top with salmon and squash cubes.
Tip: For extra flavour add 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh basil leaves, torn by hand.
The dressing can be used in every possible way! Try it on your salads, as a condiment, or as a marinade for your favourite meats and fish. It can be kept in the fridge for up to one month.