Asian Pork Skewers
- 2 lb (1 kg) pork tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Teriyaki Cooking Sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups (750 mL) chunks red, yellow, orange or green peppers
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh pineapple chunks (24 pieces)
- 12 long wooden skewers
- PAM® Original Cooking Spray
- Cut meat into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes; place in large resealable plastic bag. In medium bowl, stir together VH® Teriyaki Cooking Sauce, pineapple juice, hoisin sauce, red pepper flakes and garlic. Reserve 1/4 cup (50 mL) for basting; pour remaining over meat. Remove air and seal. Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile soak skewers in water for 20 minutes. Remove; wipe off excess moisture and spray with PAM® Original Cooking Spray. Thread meat onto skewers, alternating with peppers, onion and pineapple. Discard marinade.
- Line broiler pan with foil; spray with PAM® Original Cooking Spray. Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches (10 cm) from heat. Cook about 15 minutes, or until meat is cooked through, turning and basting skewers often with reserved marinade.
Tender pieces of pork marinated in a teriyaki sauce, then skewered with mixed sweet peppers, red onion and pineapple, and broiled to perfection.